Re: 5 watts

Tim N9PUZ

On 4/17/2013 7:48 AM, Wayne Dillon wrote:
The stations taht make me smile are the ones (and there are a few) that
run the full legal limit into a G5RV or a short(ish) random wire, then
wonder why a particular DX station can't copy them. Oh well...
72/3 es God Bless de Wayne - KC0PMH
It's an interesting study in human nature that after studying for their license, passing the tests, and participating in this great hobby that there are so many people will ignore the laws of physics and buy big buck radios, amplifiers, etc. to use with tiny, ineffective antennas. I guess it's easier to write a check than it is to think about how you can add the best antler possible for your location.

I wonder if those people "pray" before going on the air?

“PRAY, v. To ask that the laws of the universe be annulled in behalf of a single petitioner confessedly unworthy.”
-― Ambrose Bierce

73,

Tim N9PUZ