Re: 5 watts

Stephen Roberts <steverob@...>

Amen brother. My ham world changed a billion fold when I got my OCF up 80' in my maple trees. It will remain the best $150 I ever spent in this hobby. Before that I had a Par End Fed cut for 40M sloping up to about 30'.

73
Steve, W1SFR

On Apr 17, 2013, at 9:21 AM, Tim McDonough N9PUZ wrote:

On 4/17/2013 7:48 AM, Wayne Dillon wrote:
> The stations taht make me smile are the ones (and there are a few) that
> run the full legal limit into a G5RV or a short(ish) random wire, then
> wonder why a particular DX station can't copy them. Oh well...
> 72/3 es God Bless de Wayne - KC0PMH

It's an interesting study in human nature that after studying for their
license, passing the tests, and participating in this great hobby that
there are so many people will ignore the laws of physics and buy big
buck radios, amplifiers, etc. to use with tiny, ineffective antennas. I
guess it's easier to write a check than it is to think about how you can
add the best antler possible for your location.

I wonder if those people "pray" before going on the air?

“PRAY, v. To ask that the laws of the universe be annulled in behalf of
a single petitioner confessedly unworthy.”
-― Ambrose Bierce

73,

Tim N9PUZ