Re: Favorite Paddle, Key?

Donald Sanders

I have used many keys over the 60+ years of being a ham.
While I have enjoyed several, I have kept my Lionel J38 and my Bencher paddle.
I lost two Vibroplex bugs, one was a gift from my Elmer back in 1955.
Someday I would like another original bug as I do miss using the bug.
Owning and using a key is like owning an automobile or motorbike/cycle.
Certainly a personalized liking and fortunately there are a large assortment to chose from

Dr. Don W4BWS

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity.

On Sat, Feb 3, 2018 at 4:54 PM, n5ib_2 <n5ib@...> wrote:
Far and away my favorite is a Brown Bros. CTL-B(a) straight key and paddles combo
Now this key is unique, hence the '(a)'  - there is not another one like in on the planet - you'll notice the arm of the straight key is solid brass, not the silver colored material of the original. I bought it from someone who was selling it to another party, and the key was damaged in transit - arm snapped clean in two. The intended buyer didn't want it, and it was offered to me as-is as the second responder.

A master machinist in our shop fashioned a replacement for me, milled from a solid block of brass.

This is my second CTL-B. The first I bought new and sold a decade later, confirming the proverb "A fool and his key are soon separated." Fast forward another decade until this one came into my life.

Others of my keys are at  <http://www.qsl.net/n/n5ib//Morse_Keys/>  most I still have, a couple have been sold off.

Jim, N5IB