Re: Favorite Paddle, Key?

Paul Smith

I have enjoyed the reading of paddles and keys. I would not thought I was a collector but after opening my keyboard drawer IU fine a BUNCH of keys and paddles. I have and do use them all but currently I am pounding brass with a Begali Spark that my son Richard bought me for my birthday.

I have a Bencher paddle like about everybody. Richard made off with it and my Bencher straight key. I have a Kent double paddle that feels very nice. I have the Haigwood Black widow and Scqrpion paddles and use them some. My favorite paddle is a single lever paddle  bought at Ozarkcon. I was built by a plumber so I love it. The supports are faucet stems and the lever is a toilet trip lever. All of the screws involved are brass bibb screws. Just the perfect key for a retired plumber. I also have a couple bugs and a very nice LTA  SKCC key the a VERY good ham friend sold to me. I have about wrote a book so I will ride along and read others de Paul N0NBD

I love this radio stuff.
Back to the bench, Winter is too valuable to waste.
WAØITP's Ham Radio Web Site Devoted to QRP Operating.