Re: Cricket long jump...

kb4qqj

I'm having a blast with mine! I can't use the 3580 due to W1AW and local digital congregation but 3560 is alive and well.

I'm using the QRPSOTS page early and the SKCC page late. Seems like the night owls ( best for 80m) are on late.

Farthest north is IL and farthest South is TX so far.

I have crystals for 3535, 3550, 3555, 3560 and 3579. I think most of the 15 contacts so far though have been on 3560.

Love that little critter,

Randy_KB4QQJ

On 2/4/2018 3:07 PM, Frank Artieta wrote:
I too must blow the dust off my cricket :)
 I recently built and installed the upgrade on my by you jumper I've been trying to wear it out :)
This Qrp and qrpp is fun :)

On Sun, Feb 4, 2018 at 1:34 PM WA0ITP <wa0itp@...> wrote:
Congrats Curt, FB jump!
72 WAØITP
I love this radio stuff.
Back to the bench, Winter is too valuable to waste.
On 2/4/2018 12:58 PM, Curt wrote:
This morning from 1150-1240Z had three QSOs on colorburst frequency with the Cricket 80A putting out 0.6W into an 80M dipole up about 50 feet.  The first was to VA, 990miles away, the last was to AZ more than 1000 miles away.  Longest jump for cricket from this QTH.  Both contacts were running QRP, full gallon not <1W and not using Crickets.

72, Curt KB5JO ( Cricketeer #005 )