Re: Second Sunday Sprint

N6CES.r@...

Hi all, I enjoy reading all the posts.
I've been a ham since 1954, but am new to qrp.
Just obtained a Heathkit HW-7 (40/20/15), and will put up a 80/40 dipole teathered North & South. I'm located in Seattle, so contacts to 4SQRP guys will be a challenge. I haven't been on hf for about 15 years since I gave my gear to a club for some new kids, and it's been about 35 years since I've been ok n CW. So you might say I'm a 77 year old newbie. I think I'm going to buy a cricket for 80 in a few months also.
Where can I find more info in SSS and other nets. Read about one talked about on Wed nights on 40 and 80.
Thanks for any info.
Frank N6CES

On Feb 5, 2018 4:03 AM, "John Lonigro" <jonigro@...> wrote:
I believe the automatic reminders for this event are working, but there's been some confusion about the time.
The SSS is always from 7:00-9:00 pm Central Time, whether CDT or CST, whichever is in effect on that date.  UTC will be different depending on whether DST is in effect.  More on that next month.

To summarize, since standard time is currently in effect:

This month's SSS is Sunday, Feb 11, from 7:00-9:00 pm CST, which is 0100-0300Z Monday (for all time zones).
That's 8:00-10:00 pm EST and 5:00-7:00 pm PST.
The goal is for everyone to be on the air during the same 2 hour time slice.

72,

John, AA0VE
4SQRP Contest Coordinator