Re: Powered Speaker

Frank Artieta

I have a battery powered speaker I keep as part of my qrp kit ! A sony model srs A21 !
I use earbuds or headphones if I an working anything on the air !
The stand alone speaker is good when I am just a casual listener :) which I am most of the time !
Yes I use a battery powered speaker but am a headphone type op !

On Sun, Mar 4, 2018 at 7:14 PM Duane Brayton <dwbrayton@...> wrote:
Hi Terry,
Have you thought of trying a Resonant CW Speaker.  The speaker and enclosure are resonant at about 600 hz and can have a sharp peak at that frequency while attenuating other sounds.  Many videos are available on YouTube describing construction and use.
72
Duane KE0IUV

Sent from TypeApp
On Mar 4, 2018, at 6:16 PM, WA0ITP <wa0itp@...> wrote:
Is anyone using a powered speaker for kits that have a headphone amp?  I
have several good quality earbuds and a really fine set of earphones
sold by the Shack back in the day (Kenwood?). They all work very well
and I'll never trash them, ever.  But deep in my heart I really prefer a
speaker, anyone else feel this way?

Just wondering if anyone is using a powered speaker that is quiet,
sounds good, that they like a lot, and wont break the pocketbook. If so
pse let me (us) know so we can hear without leads going to our heads.

TIA for any info!