Re: Powered Speaker

Ron Edmo

Cancel

On Mar 6, 2018 21:17, "Tim McDonough N9PUZ" <tim.n9puz@...> wrote:
Yes, it has a volume control on one end.

Tim N9PUZ

On 3/4/2018 9:18 PM, WA0ITP wrote:
That looks great, I'll have to investigate it some more. Does it have it's own volume control?  I couldn't tell by the description.

Thanks much
72 WAØITP
I love this radio stuff.
Back to the bench, Winter is too valuable to waste.
On 3/4/2018 9:13 PM, Tim McDonough N9PUZ wrote:
I use an Oontz Angle 3 external speaker. It's a Bluetooth speaker but it also has a wired input that you can drive with a headphone output. Has external power an internal rechargeable battery for portable ops. I've used it on everything from my Pixie to my KX-2.

<https://theoontz.com/products/oontz-angle-3-portable-wireless-bluetooth-speaker-black>

Tim N9PUZ

On 3/4/2018 6:16 PM, WA0ITP wrote:
Is anyone using a powered speaker for kits that have a headphone amp?  I have several good quality earbuds and a really fine set of earphones sold by the Shack back in the day (Kenwood?). They all work very well and I'll never trash them, ever.  But deep in my heart I really prefer a speaker, anyone else feel this way?

Just wondering if anyone is using a powered speaker that is quiet, sounds good, that they like a lot, and wont break the pocketbook. If so pse let me (us) know so we can hear without leads going to our heads.

TIA for any info!