Re: Question on Ozark Patrol

Frank Artieta

Ozark Patrol Band Switching Problems !
I also have a Ozark Patrol that has band switching problems !!!
It almost works perfectly !
The toggle switch was damaged by whoever cliped a solder lug off it !
It will work perfectly if I fiddle around with the switch !
A real pain though !
Buy and build kit that someone else damaged a part  !
MAYBE CUTTING THAT LUG OFF THE TOGGLE SWITCH IS NOT THE BEST IDEA !!!!!!!!!!!!
But other than a damaged TOGGLE SWITCH it works fine !
73 almost !

On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 8:37 PM Tom Sevart <tmsevart@...> wrote:
On 03/13/18 12:55, Jess Gypin wrote:
> Ok don’t know if the first message got through.
> My Ozark Patrol seems to work fine on the Upper band bit not the lower band. This would seem to indicate that 90 percent of the radio is working right. Low band seems to be deaf, can still hear some things, and even the background hiss going in and out of regen is about half the volume of the upper band. I can hear some cw at the bottom of 80 meters but the station has to be pretty loud. Also, from a cold start the upper band works fine but the lower band does not seem to go into oscillation as easy as the upper. Then it seems after a while, it works better but still doesn’t seem right. The lower half of the band seems more deaf than the upper part when the lower band is selected. Leaky cap? What do you all think? I have 0 experience with regen.

Maybe a cold solder joint somewhere which is making contact once it gets
warmed up?

--
Tom Sevart N2UHC
St. Paul, KS