Re: Cricket 30 Output Power Statistics

Gandalf The Gray <ronhogrider92@...>

Between .6 and 1 is really not much to write home about if I read your message correct.
The recipient won’t notice a difference.

Ron wb1hga

On Apr 29, 2018, at 12:45 PM, WA0ITP <wa0itp@...> wrote:

Tnx to all who responded to my request for the output power made by your Cricket 30s.

I received 8 responses, .6, 1, .7, .6, .8, 1, 1, and .9.  all on a 9V battery. The average is .8W.  Several made measurements on 12 volts and all were 1W or a bit more.

The data points show how manufacturing variation in the parts affects performance.  Wonder if receive sensitivity is affected as much xmitter performance, hmmm.

Being an old science teacher and manufacturing QC guy, this is interesting stuff.  I didn't expect to see such a large range in the data, min to max, in only 8 samples.  If this data spread came from a process I was monitoring, some quick studies would be warranted to find the root cause. OTOH there is just a little over 2 dB between 1 and .6, so if 1W can make haul, so can .6

Anyone else want to add their rig's info to the database?

-- the rest
72 WAØITP
I love this radio stuff.
Back to the bench, Winter is too valuable to waste.