Re: Bayou Jumper?

Bob Parr

Where are JP 2 and 3? I only see JP1 on the manual. I know mine is a rev A but I am not sure if it is an A(c).

Bob

The Soup'er does NOT provide any DC isolation on the speaker lines.
So you still need to make sure that neither audio output lead has a
DC path to ground, as you saw in the Appendix of the manual.

If you have one of the newest, rev A(c), circuit boards, there
are some extra pads provided (JP2 and JP3) where the appropriate
blocking capacitor(s) can be mounted. Then you cut the exposed
trace(s) between the pad(s) on the bottom side of the board to put
the cap(s) into the circuit.

A powered speaker with a self-contained battery supply can be used
without needing a DC block. But if either of the external speaker
connections has a DC path to the same ground as the BJ (like back
through a wall wart power supply) it would short out and damage
the audio chip.

N5IB

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#16975):
https://4SQRP.groups.io/g/main/message/16975 View All Messages In
Topic (9): https://4SQRP.groups.io/g/main/topic/18106835 Mute This
Topic: https://groups.io/mt/18106835/795296 New Topic:
https://4SQRP.groups.io/g/main/post -=-=-
Please plan to attend the Ozarkcon QRP Convention April 6-7, 2018
in Branson, MO Visit your group website: www.4SQRP.com -=-=-
Change Your Subscription:
https://4SQRP.groups.io/g/main/editsub/795296 Group Home:
https://4SQRP.groups.io/g/main Contact Group Owner: