Re: 30 m Cricket buzz

Ronald Morrison

Try taking it outside away from any nearby source of r.f. noise.  It may be picking up the buzz from a computer, t.v. or other electrical device.
Ron, K5DUZ

From: Jess Gypin <ontarget1911@...>
To: main@4sqrp.groups.io
Sent: Thursday, May 3, 2018 9:24 AM
Subject: [4SQRP] 30 m Cricket buzz

I have tested, tried different antennas, and verified and reverified soldering and components. Unless I can verify that a component is bad, I am at a loss to figure out why my audio is buzzing. I mentioned in another post that through the buzz I can hear my FT817 into a dummy load. I have heard band signals very very weakly through the buzz.
If, and again if, it is not a bad build, soldering or component placement or bad component I guess I can stick it on the shelf and just look at it. I have heard from a couple of other people that the 80 meter cricket can suffer the same malady on several builds in a row. There has to be a common, solvable fix.

Jess AE0CW