Re: 30 m Cricket buzz

Mike D

Mine appears to be 60hz and 300hz hum from nearby powerlines.  I can also hear stations but it is noisy, I imagine outside a metro area it would be a lot better.  Transmit works great at 1w into a dummy load, it was easy to pickup on my elecraft k1 and had a clean signal on the scope.

On Thu, May 3, 2018, 9:24 AM Jess Gypin <ontarget1911@...> wrote:
I have tested, tried different antennas, and verified and reverified soldering and components. Unless I can verify that a component is bad, I am at a loss to figure out why my audio is buzzing. I mentioned in another post that through the buzz I can hear my FT817 into a dummy load. I have heard band signals very very weakly through the buzz.
If, and again if, it is not a bad build, soldering or component placement or bad component I guess I can stick it on the shelf and just look at it. I have heard from a couple of other people that the 80 meter cricket can suffer the same malady on several builds in a row. There has to be a common, solvable fix.

Jess AE0CW