Re: Hilltopper 40

Walter - K5EST

Hello Everyone, after FDIM there will be some time to put together the up-coming kit plans.

Thanks for the interest!......73,

Walter Dufrain - K5EST
...........QRP UP..........

On Sun, May 6, 2018 at 2:41 PM, WA0ITP <wa0itp@...> wrote:
A new 40M lid like the 20M lid should be pretty easy for Dave C to create.  He has his hands full right now getting ready for some major responsibilities at FDIM.  If the size of the 40M market can be estimated, and if it's substantial, then the question should be raised again.  A 40M Hilltopper might be a good addition to the stable.  I'm not speaking for Walter here, he has the final word.

Thanks for the interest.
72 WAØITP
I love this radio stuff.
Back to the bench, Winter is too valuable to waste.
On 5/6/2018 2:32 PM, Ronald Starr via Groups.Io wrote:
I enthusiastically second these remarks!  Have a Hilltopper 20 already awaiting time to build but would jump for a 40 version immediately.  The transparent cover definitely adds a touch of class IMO and easily fabricated as well.  Here's hoping!
73,
Ron. K0OXB

On Sun, May 6, 2018 at 11:58 AM, Jess None via Groups.Io
Nice! Sell it without the lid, or just plain PCB. Would not be hard to cut a piece of aluminum either

On May 6, 2018, at 6:02 AM, Dave Benson <davek1swl@...> wrote:

Steve-

I have a Hilltopper-40 up and running.  I'm presently in the process of reworking the firmware to add the user's choice of Morse mode A or B.  I've had to restructure the code along the way- not a minor effort.  As soon as that's complete, I can provide a 40M controller IC -with updates incorporated- and a band-pack of filter components.

The Hilltopper's top cover is presently band-specific, and I don't have a ready answer for that. I'm using a custom top cover for 40M (attached).  Lightweight but pricey. I'm open to suggestions, but don't want to order a minimum run (100?) of new PCB top covers.

73- Dave, K1SWL

On Sat, May 5, 2018 at 10:29 PM, W0OOW <w0oow@...> wrote:
Please, please, offer a K1SWL Hilltopper 40

<20180413_132244_resized.jpg>