Re: Is a botx qrp

Paul Smith

Tom N2UHC built a Bitx I believe,  maybe he will jump in here. I shifted to Elecraft a couple years ago and have not looked back. U are right i believe the QRP is 5 and `10 watts. de Paul N0NBD

Sent from Outlook

From: main@4SQRP.groups.io <main@4SQRP.groups.io> on behalf of davesters@... <davesters@...>
Sent: Wednesday, May 9, 2018 5:22 PM
To: main@4SQRP.groups.io
Subject: [4SQRP] Is a botx qrp

[Edited Message Follows]

Is a Bitx, QRP

What is the conscensus of members of this group. I have heard that 5w cw and 10 watts ssb. constitutes qrp. My only HF radios are bitx. I  have both a ubitx and a bitx40 and regularly participate in evening logging nets like nata net and omiss nets.

My bitx40 puts out about 7 watts on 40meters and the ubitx puts out over 20 wattw on 80meters, 10w on 40m and it fades to a watt by 28mhz.

So far my ditties are too slow to be useful particularly on reception so my modes are phone and digital.

I don't see much representaion of this brand.
Dave
K0MBT