Re: SSS Results

John KK4ITX

Well guys and gals I again tried the SB/QRP thing on both 20 & 40 with no official luck. However, prior to the SSS I heard a station bleeding in on 14.285 so I investigated and found OT70NOL Belgium Special Event station. There were a number of folks trying to work him but I got through on my second try with my FT-450D at 10w !

Looking over my last 10 Log entries 5 have been at 10w, 3 @ 50w and 2 @ 100w so I know the bands still work, just not so many players.

I am somewhat disappointed in the turnout since I had contacted 4 Florida Clubs and encouraged participation either in CW or SB....... the message should have reached around 200 at least.

Next month I’ll give it a go from Wells, Maine where I’ll be until September, practicing CW.

73,

John
KK4ITX

On May 16, 2018, at 11:16, John Lonigro <jonigro@...> wrote:

The May SSS had 10 participants total, 7 of whom had at least 1 contact. That's not a bad showing for Mother's Day. Of course, those 10 may have been "grounded" by their XYL for their efforts. I guess being grounded is doubly applicable in this case (hi). I hope they'll be allowed to turn on their radios (and unground their antennas) before the June SSS.

The May winner was Carl WB0CFF with 22 QSO points, followed by Bill KV6Z with 19 and Chas W2SH with 16. For the year, Carl is pulling away with 131 QSO points and Bill is in 2nd place with 109 points.

As usual, shortly Carl will receive his May certificate in the mail (Email, that is).

72.,

John, AA0VE
4SQRP Contest Coordinator