Re: 40m Net

Paul Smith

I am out here in the toolies and will work him and not ask the power hi hi de Paul N0NBD

Sent from Outlook

From: main@4SQRP.groups.io <main@4SQRP.groups.io> on behalf of John Lonigro <jonigro@...>
Sent: Tuesday, June 5, 2018 7:40 PM
To: main@4SQRP.groups.io
Subject: Re: [4SQRP] 40m Net

Wayne and Bob:
This brings up an interesting issue.  If Bob replies with his 4States number while operating QRO, I guess it should count as a member-member QSO to the person he replied to.  But Bob, while still a member, cannot make a contest entry at qrpcontest.com because he wasn't operating QRP.  Very tricky, but I think that's the way it should be.

72 (73 to Bob-hi),
John, AA0VE
4SQRP Contest Coordinator

On 06/05/2018 01:59 PM, Wayne Dillon wrote:
John and Bob,
Bob is already a member (#1432) so participation with his number is not an issue.
Bob, the 40m second Sunday sprint will most likely be a good opportunity to gauge 40m performance
from at the least a listening perspective as the band has been going long quite early  (you watch it make a liar outta me!)
So please get on and have a listen during sprint time and see what shakes loose.
Have a grand day,
Wayne - NQ0RP

On Tue, Jun 5, 2018 at 1:39 PM, John Lonigro <jonigro@...> wrote:
Bob:
The Second Sunday Sprint is coming up this Sunday night, 7:00-9:00 CDT (5:00-7:00 PDT or 0000-0200Z Monday).  Try listening on 7122, which might be your best frequency.  To enter, you need to be a member of 4SQRP and running  QRP (5 Watts max CW, 10 Watts max SB).  However, you can participate by replying to Four State members calling CQ. You don't even need to be a member or operate QRP to reply.  Or just listen and think about ways to get a QRP transmitter/transceiver on the air before next month's contest (always the 2nd Sunday of the month).

72,
John, AA0VE
4SQRP Contest Coordinator

On 06/05/2018 12:27 PM, Bob Macklin wrote:
I'm in Kent, Wa. about 25 miles south of Seattle.

I've been looking for some kind of active group.

I cannot transmit right now but I can receive. If I see some activity I will try and get a transmitter operational.

Not QRP but I do have a DX-60.

My interest is in CW and digital modes.

Bob Macklin
K5MYJ