Re: Tuning a 10 meter dipole for 6 meters

Prof. Arnaldo Coro Antich

Easy way....

Just hand a 6 meters wire dipole in parallel with the 10 meters antenna... Separation between the wires easily done using short cuts of PVC white pipe , or better yet use the polyethylene insulation of RG17 coax , removing the center conductor----

Tune the antenna for minimum SWR and enjoy the already nice Sporadic E summer DX season now in progress

73 and DX

Arnie Coro

CO2KK  Host of Dxers Unlimited radio hobby program at Radio Havana Cuba

On 06/06/18 15:13, Bob Macklin wrote:
Why not just cut the wire, Add crimp terminals to both sides of the cut. Then you could just reattach the 10M ends with screws.

The point is the 10M antenna won't work for transmitting on 6M!

Bob Macklin
K5MYJ
Seattle, Wa.
"Real Radios Glow In The Dark"