Re: FW: [HilltopperKit] Hill topper

Johnny AC0BQ

On Thu, Jun 14, 2018 at 1:20 PM Ron <ag1p@...> wrote:

Good information on the Hilltopper kit.

72 - Ron - AG1P

From: HilltopperKit@4SQRP.groups.io [mailto:HilltopperKit@4SQRP.groups.io] On Behalf Of Dave Benson
Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2018 8:27 AM
To: HilltopperKit@4SQRP.groups.io
Subject: Re: [HilltopperKit] Hill topper

To follow up on this 'dangling' thread....

Larry sent the unit to me for troubleshoot/repair.  . Here's the timeline-

Thursday, June 7:   Received unit, troubleshot. Ordered part I didn't have on hand.
Sunday, June 10:   Received part, installed. Retest OK.
Monday, June 11:  Functional test OK. Power out 5.3W.  Performed Freq CAL and BFO adjustment. SHIPPED.

Here's the message:  If you're 'on the fence' about purchasing a Hilltopper over concerns about support..... it's available!    Several customers and 4SQRP members have offered troubleshooting advice, and I do the same in this forum.   If that's not sufficient to resolve an issue, I can provide timely troubleshooting/repair service.  For that matter, other experienced builders are welcome to do the same as they see fit.

73- Dave, K1SWL

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com