Re: 40m Net

dekle <dekle@...>

Hi Mike,

There was some interest in a 4S SSB Net at one time but I'm not sure what happened to it.
Maybe someone that owns a microphone will start it up again.

Bill
KV6Z

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, July 05, 2018 11:41 AM
Subject: Re: [4SQRP] 40m Net

My neurosurgeon told me that I have a cognitive brain disorder (Army) that make keying unlikely.  I can copy but need to do SSB to make things fun. Are there possibilities for 20 or 40 from central Oklahoma?

On Jul 5, 2018 11:29 AM, "dekle" <dekle@...> wrote:

Hi Dennis,

I actually pride myself in how slow my mind works sometimes - so no problem there.
If I hear you call at 3 wpm I will respond at 3 wpm. (give me a few seconds to plug in my straight key).
It really helps if you are on frequency. There are ways to adjust Rockmite and Pixie type circuits to easily accomplish that.
All of us - even the highest speed whiz bang operators - started at zero wpm.
The only way to do it is to just do it.
Don't worry about mistakes. I can guarantee that I make more mistakes during a net than all the other operators combined.
Practice on sending your call, name, state, and RST. That will be enough for a Net check-in. If you make a mistake in sending your name, for example, just send a bunch of dits and try again. Repeat this as necessary. I'm not in a hurry.
Give it a try next week.

Bill
KV6Z

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, July 05, 2018 9:32 AM
Subject: Re: [4SQRP] 40m Net

i listened in for the entire net. It sure sounded like it as much a buzz... however, being a “newbie” to CW and Morse, I can only pick out a letter or two on occasion. There seems to be a renewal of interest in QRP and CW. Have you given thought to providing a net for those of us that can use a Rockmite or Pixie and our watts and WPM are interchangeable? I think this would be a good thing as an encouragement to new CW enthusiasts. 

Let me know if and when you a “Slow Code for Slow Minds” net and I will be the first to join in. 

Thanks, 
72 and God bless.
KD4EPG

Virus-free. www.avast.com

Join main@4SQRP.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.