Subject: Re: [4SQRP] 40m Net
To: main@4SQRP.groups.io
Date: Thursday, July 5, 2018, 11:27 AM

Hi Dennis,

I actually pride myself in how slow my mind works
sometimes - so no
problem there.
If I hear you call at 3 wpm I will respond at 3 wpm.
(give me a few
seconds to plug in my straight key).
It really helps if you are on frequency. There are ways
to adjust Rockmite
and Pixie type circuits to easily accomplish that.
All of us - even the highest speed whiz bang operators
- started at zero
wpm.
The only way to do it is to just do it.
Don't worry about mistakes. I can guarantee that I
make more mistakes
during a net than all the other operators combined.
Practice on sending your call, name, state, and RST.
That will be enough
for a Net check-in. If you make a mistake in sending your
name, for example,
just send a bunch of dits and try again. Repeat this as
necessary. I'm not in a
hurry.
Give it a try next week.

73