Re: lcr meter

Mike D

I will verify the accuracy of the Peak units.  I outfit my service guys with their ESR meters.  They are made in the UK and have great quality control.

For bench work I prefer the DER meter because it comes with multiple kelvin type probes including smd tweezers, also measures ESR, and will check inductance at a wider frequency range.

If you dont use it much or use it in the field, the Peak unit is preferable for its small size and durability, though more limited in features.

If you are mostly measuring capacitance, i would seriously suggest getting a quality VOM such as a Fluke 87IV.  They are available at pawn shops for under $200 and will greatly improve the quality of your life.

Mike kd5rjz

On Tue, Aug 7, 2018, 10:51 AM Bob Nelson via Groups.Io <rln37=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
The BEST such device IMHO is the digital
Peak Atlas LCR-40.  If you like to build circuits
for ham radio or any other electronics activity, you
will find yourself reaching for your LCR40 more than
any other instrument.
You can buy it from Amazon, for about $110.

73 - Bob, K6KL

On Tuesday, August 7, 2018, 10:32:57 AM CDT, JAMES DAVIDSON <jijvd74@...> wrote:

some one was bragging abt a cheap lcr meter .are they still on the group ? lost the page
jim kc0dd