Re: Antenna analyzer/SWR meter

John T. Fitzer

Bob I hope what I said helped. Please let me know if there's anything I can do to be of more help. Best of luck with the General exam, and I look forward to rag chewing on CW with you.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@4SQRP.groups.io [mailto:main@4SQRP.groups.io] On Behalf Of Rob Roberts via Groups.Io
Sent: Tuesday, August 07, 2018 2:42 PM
To: main@4SQRP.groups.io
Subject: Re: [4SQRP] Antenna analyzer/SWR meter

I didn’t rely to the group. I replied to John instead. I’m not getting in a hurry. I am planning on joining a group, however in my line of work. I work 70 hrs a week and my weekends fall during the week, not many people are off when I am. My radio that I purchased is a Yaesu FT-450d. I’m taking my General test on Saturday lord willing and the creek don’t rise I hope to ready to get on the air when I get home. Thanks for all your replies.

I am debating on a OCF dipole or a Carolina Windom. It will be fed with RG-8x (50 ohm I believe). I’m not sure about the radiation or if it’s shortened. I’m a fairly new ham.

I need to start trucking, I’ll reply when I stop.

Thanks

Rob