Re: Antenna analyzer/SWR meter

J.K. Wright

Also have an FT-450d. It has a built in swr meter and an absolutely amazing built in antenna tuner with great range.  Unless you plan on experimenting a lot with antennas, you don't need an swr/per meter anytime soon. Never had one for my first 45 yrs of hamming. Read your FT450D manual carefully. The rig can do a lot and is a great entry level rig.
Jerry, NK2C

On Tue, Aug 7, 2018, 3:42 PM Rob Roberts via Groups.Io <kd0wkv=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I didn’t rely to the group. I replied to John instead.  I’m not getting in a hurry.  I am planning on joining a group, however in my line of work. I work 70 hrs a week and my weekends fall during the week, not many people are off when I am.  My radio that I purchased is a Yaesu FT-450d. I’m taking my General test on Saturday lord willing and the creek don’t rise I hope to ready to get on the air when I get home. Thanks for all your replies.

I am debating on a OCF dipole or a Carolina Windom.  It will be fed with RG-8x (50 ohm I believe).  I’m not sure about the radiation or if it’s shortened. I’m a fairly new ham.

I need to start trucking, I’ll reply when I stop.

Thanks

Rob