Re: Antenna analyzer/SWR meter

Wayne Dillon

Couldn't agree more Jerry, the FT450 is an entry level wireless with above entry level performance and functions. Yes the built in ASTU is amazing.
Blessings,
Wayne - NQ0RP

On Tue, Aug 7, 2018 at 3:15 PM, J.K. Wright <wrightjk@...> wrote:
Also have an FT-450d. It has a built in swr meter and an absolutely amazing built in antenna tuner with great range.  Unless you plan on experimenting a lot with antennas, you don't need an swr/per meter anytime soon. Never had one for my first 45 yrs of hamming. Read your FT450D manual carefully. The rig can do a lot and is a great entry level rig.
Jerry, NK2C

On Tue, Aug 7, 2018, 3:42 PM Rob Roberts via Groups.Io <kd0wkv=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I didn’t rely to the group. I replied to John instead.  I’m not getting in a hurry.  I am planning on joining a group, however in my line of work. I work 70 hrs a week and my weekends fall during the week, not many people are off when I am.  My radio that I purchased is a Yaesu FT-450d. I’m taking my General test on Saturday lord willing and the creek don’t rise I hope to ready to get on the air when I get home. Thanks for all your replies.

I am debating on a OCF dipole or a Carolina Windom.  It will be fed with RG-8x (50 ohm I believe).  I’m not sure about the radiation or if it’s shortened. I’m a fairly new ham.

I need to start trucking, I’ll reply when I stop.

Thanks

Rob

--

QRP -  EFFICIENCY AND SKILL, NOT POWER.

God Bless from Wayne Dillon - NQ0RP

Fate whispered to courageous "You cannot withstand the storm"
Courageous  whispered back "I am the storm"