That said I’m happy to fool my radio (KX3) with the excellent internal impedance match.
I love my KX3 but QRP isn’t recommended for a beginner, I can tell you from personal experience.
72 John K3JH

On Tuesday, August 7, 2018, 16:54, ussv dharma via Groups.Io <ussvdharma@...> wrote:

One must remember, an antenna tuner only fools the radio into believing there is a 50 ohm antenna....the tuner does not change anything about the antenna or coax feeding it.

If you don't change direction you WILL arrive exactly where you're headed!!

MSGT. Susan Meckley, USA (Ret.)
W7KFI  & AFZ4SM

On Tue, 8/7/18, Wayne Dillon <wayne.dillon@...> wrote:

Subject: Re: [4SQRP] Antenna analyzer/SWR meter
Date: Tuesday, August 7, 2018, 4:30 PM

Couldn't
agree more Jerry, the FT450 is an entry level wireless with
above entry level performance and functions. Yes the built
in ASTU is amazing.Blessings,Wayne -
NQ0RP
On Tue,
Aug 7, 2018 at 3:15 PM, J.K. Wright <wrightjk@...>
wrote:
Also
have an FT-450d. It has a built in swr meter and an
absolutely amazing built in antenna tuner with great
range.  Unless you plan on experimenting a lot with
antennas, you don't need an swr/per meter anytime soon.
Never had one for my first 45 yrs of hamming. Read your
FT450D manual carefully. The rig can do a lot and is a great
entry level rig.Jerry, NK2C
On Tue, Aug 7, 2018, 3:42 PM Rob Roberts via
Groups.Io <kd0wkv=yahoo.com@groups.io>
wrote:
didn’t rely to the group. I replied to John instead.
I’m not getting in a hurry.  I am planning on joining a
group, however in my line of work. I work 70 hrs a week and
my weekends fall during the week, not many people are off
when I am.  My radio that I purchased is a Yaesu FT-450d.
I’m taking my General test on Saturday lord willing and
the creek don’t rise I hope to ready to get on the air
when I get home. Thanks for all your replies.

I am debating on a OCF dipole or a Carolina Windom.  It
will be fed with RG-8x (50 ohm I believe).  I’m not sure
about the radiation or if it’s shortened. I’m a fairly
new ham.

I need to start trucking, I’ll reply when I stop.

Thanks

Rob

--

  QRP -   EFFICIENCY AND