Subject: Re: [4SQRP] Antenna analyzer/SWR meter
To: main@4sqrp.groups.io
Date: Tuesday, August 7, 2018, 2:06 PM

This is the last
thing I will post here !I highly recommend if at all
possible you try to find a ham radio club in your area first
!
If you do find a club , go introduce yourself and
tell them all what you are up to :)If you are
setting up your very first HF Station !The help
of a real live experienced ham could be very valuable
!I say go find a club because !At this
point you have to be careful who you chose to trust as to
be knowledgeableMy advice is to not get into too
big a hurry !73 de KD5ALD

On Tue, Aug 7, 2018 at
1:37 PM, Frank Artieta <73tuudefrank@...>
wrote:
Hello Rob :)Do not
dispair !I am sure there is help
available Most all of us were in your shoes at
one time I agree with JohnTell more
about your equipment What type antenna did you
build or have you not built one yet Why do you
say stupid antenna ??I have never owned a store
bought antenna for HF useBut I think you can buy
a factory built antenna cheaper than you can buy the parts
to build one I figure there is a ham radio club
somewhere in your area I agree with John more
info is needed !
On Tue, Aug 7, 2018 at 1:04 PM, John
T. Fitzer <John.fitzer@...>
wrote:

Well the answer to
your question depends,

1.
What type of antenna are you
making?

2.
What is the intended frequency of
operation?
3.
Is it to be fed with 50 ohm
coax?
4.
Is it a full size radiator or a
shortened version employing loading of some
sort?
Pleas provide some
specifics and maybe I can help

From: