Subject: Re: [4SQRP] antenna tuners in general
To: main@4SQRP.groups.io
Date: Tuesday, August 7, 2018, 8:00 PM

Correct, an antenna tuner consist of wire cutter, tape
measure, and a soldering iron if you cut too much.That
said I’m happy to fool my radio (KX3) with the excellent
internal impedance match.I love my KX3 but QRP
isn’t recommended for a beginner, I can tell you from
personal experience.72 John K3JH

On Tuesday, August 7,
2018, 16:54, ussv dharma via Groups.Io
<ussvdharma=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:One must
remember, an antenna tuner only fools the radio into
believing there is a 50 ohm antenna....the tuner does not
change anything about the antenna or coax feeding it.

If you don't change
direction you WILL arrive exactly where you're
headed!!

MSGT. Susan Meckley, USA
(Ret.)
W7KFI
& AFZ4SM

On Tue, 8/7/18, Wayne
Dillon <wayne.dillon@gmail.com>
wrote:

Subject: Re: [4SQRP]
Antenna analyzer/SWR meter
To: main@4sqrp.groups.io
Date: Tuesday, August 7,
2018, 4:30 PM

Couldn't
agree more Jerry, the
FT450 is an entry level wireless with
above entry level
performance and functions. Yes the built
in ASTU is
amazing.Blessings,Wayne -
NQ0RP
On
Tue,
Aug 7, 2018 at
3:15 PM, J.K. Wright <wrightjk@gmail.com>
wrote:
Also
have an FT-450d. It has a
built in swr meter and an
absolutely amazing built in antenna tuner with
great
range.  Unless
you plan on experimenting a lot with
antennas, you don't
need an swr/per meter anytime soon.
Never had one for my
first 45 yrs of hamming. Read your
FT450D manual carefully.
The rig can do a lot and is a great
entry level rig.Jerry,
NK2C
On Tue, Aug 7,
2018, 3:42 PM Rob Roberts via
Groups.Io <kd0wkv=yahoo.com@groups.io>
wrote:
didn’t rely to the
group. I replied to John instead.
I’m not getting in a
hurry.  I am planning on joining a
group, however in my line
of work. I work 70 hrs a week and
my weekends fall during the week, not many people
are off
when I am.
My radio that I purchased is a Yaesu FT-450d.
I’m taking my General
test on Saturday lord willing and
the creek don’t rise I hope to ready to get on
the air
when I get
home. Thanks for all your replies.

I am debating on a OCF
dipole or a Carolina Windom.  It
will be fed with RG-8x (50 ohm I believe).
I’m not sure
about
the radiation or if it’s shortened. I’m a fairly
new ham.

I need to start trucking,
I’ll reply when I stop.

Thanks