Re: Antenna analyzer/SWR meter

Joshua Wood

I completely agree.  What I can tell you, is that if you are a bit handy, I had some of these pcbs made: https://www.hamradioworkbench.com/k6bez-antenna-analyzer.html. They work pretty good, but it is just a voltage measurement - you don't get the actual complex analysis that something like the rig expert does.  I'll gladly send you the bare pcb and diodes if you'd like.   Another option is to make one of these: http://www.qsl.net/k5bcq/Kits/Kits.html kit#25.   They're quite a bit more involved (and surface mount), but it's quite a decent analyzer.   Some people have had luck with https://m.banggood.com/Shortwave-Antenna-Analyzer-Meter-Tester-1-60M-Talented-MR100-Talent-QRP-p-1083237.html.  However, I say caveat emptor to that one.   The rig expert is great - but sometimes a bit too pricey for what some of us need it for.   You won't be sorry if you get one, though!

-Josh
W0ODJ