Re: Hello :) I have questions and am in need of the opinion from someone with more knowledge !

KD5ALD

Hello :)
Lots of good info on making PCBs
I really like the idea of using a Dremel tool
I try to study and think about what I am doing
At first I was thinking of using a laser printer
But I wonder If that is as simple as some claim
I think it likely takes the the right equipment and the right procedure
A learning curve before you get the knack of it :)
I do think that if you did make the investment though some really nice boards might be had !
I am learning !
At this point I do not even possess the ability to be able to measure :)
Someday I would like to own some tools and have the knowledge that I can use to make measurements !
The only tools I own at this point are
A multimeter  / regulated power supply /a dip meter / soldering station
My next measuring tool will likely be a LC meter !
I would like to someday like a oscilloscope and the knowledge to use it
But untill I learn something I do not need one
Lastly :)
I want to say I read everything posted !
I likely will not reply
I do not like to cause QRM lest I really really must !
But you can be you can be assured that I have in fact read and appreciate
TNX 73

On Sat, Sep 1, 2018 at 11:28 PM KD5ALD <73deKD5ALD@...> wrote:
I would like to express a sincere thank you to everyone that replied
Some of what I suspected is confirmed now and I appreciate that
I foresee no problems now building the dummy load
There is no doubt I will have more questions
The next thing I'm going to try to do is make my own circuit boards
I think I can do some things with just a waterproof marking pen , some single-sided PC board and ferric chloride etchant !
The main point is to say Thank You !
73

On Sat, Sep 1, 2018 at 7:00 PM Paul Goemans <wa9pwp@...> wrote:
Frank,
  Thanks for asking, that’s how we learn!
  Yes your caps are fine.
  Yes metal film resistors are fine, they are used in the Elecraft dummy load.
  Have fun melting solder!

Paul Goemans WA9PWP
Stoughton, WI