Re: DMR Talkgroup

Leland Lannoye

It is alive and well in the Carolinas and up the East Coast.

Lee, WA9AOE

Loganville GA

On 09/15/18 12:30, Charles W. Powell via Groups.Io wrote:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Radio_Mondiale

DRM is an interesting phenomenon.  I’m surprised it hasn’t reached the US because it can be used on MF and HF frequencies with remarkable fidelity.  Honestly it is faltering in Europe as well.

72,

Chas - NK8O

On Sep 15, 2018, at 3:42 AM, Gary Kohtala via Groups.Io <gary.k7ek@...> wrote:

That would be DRM, vice DMR. Two entirely different things.

Best regards,

Gary, K7EK

Sent from BlueMail
On Sep 15, 2018, at 01:26, "ussv dharma via Groups.Io" <yahoo.com@groups.io target=_blank>ussvdharma=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Aloha:  For years I thought DMR stood fo9r Digital Mondale Radio...providing FM type quality to shortwave transmissions.  and then So many countries started transmitting an hour or two a day of DMR....almost all of the major countries started transmitting with the exception of USA.

If you don't change direction you WILL arrive exactly where you're headed!!

MSGT. Susan Meckley, USA (Ret.)
W7KFI  & AFZ4SM

On Fri, 9/14/18, Mike Heitmann <n0so@...> wrote: Subject: Re: [4SQRP] DMR Talkgroup To: main@4SQRP.groups.io Date: Friday, September 14, 2018, 9:40 PM Here is a good intro from the Missouri Digital Group:http://www.modigitalgroup.org/images/Introduction_to_DMR-DCC_2017.pdf 72 de Mike, N0SO On Sep 14, 2018, at 7:59 PM, Wayne Dillon <wayne.dillon@...> wrote: Can someone please write a simple DMR Talkgroup 101, I have no idea how this works or what I need to do it. Now located in Kalispell, NW Montana it is something that will keep me in touch with the rest of the gang. Sorry to be a burden but I really have no clue. Be blessed all Wayne - NQ0RP