From: main@4SQRP.groups.io <main@4SQRP.groups.io> on behalf of Tim McDonough N9PUZ <tim.n9puz@...>
Sent: Sunday, September 16, 2018 11:53 PM
To: main@4SQRP.groups.io
Subject: Re: [4SQRP] DMR information

I am NOT a DMR expert by any means. Our club has a DMR repeater here in
Springfield, IL but we are waiting on a network connection to we can get
it linked up to the various networks.

One thing I do recommend is to read the specs carefully on any radio you
are considering buying. For proper operation a radio that is "Tier Two"
capable is required. Some radios are not or at least a year ago some
were not. (I do not know the details of what "Tier Two" gives you.)

I have a Tytera DM-380 UHF only radio. The audio quality on regular FM
or DMR simplex and through our local repeater is excellent.

Tim N9PUZ

PS -- If some of you do further work on a talk group for 4SQRP or QRP in
general we can setup a sub group here so we don't bore the main list
with all this DMR talk. Just let me know.