From: main@4SQRP.groups.io <main@4SQRP.groups.io> on behalf of Dave Benson <davek1swl@...>
Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2018 4:52 PM
To: main@4sqrp.groups.io
Subject: Re: [4SQRP] Filters for portable ops

Paul-

Band filters are often used on DXpeditions and during multi-transmitter Field Days.  They're a bandpass filter, designed for the band you're operating on. They have a flat response across a given band and steep rejection slopes outside the bnad.  This requires a fairly complex filter, and the commercially-available ones aren't cheap.  For an idea of what they're like, you can go to DXEngineering.com and search for 'bandpass filters'. (No commercial interest- just a satisfied customer.)

73- Dave, K1SWL

On Wed, Sep 19, 2018 at 12:35 PM Paul Smith <n0nbd@...> wrote:
I was reading in K3WWP's online diary that they operated at Skyview ARC clubhouse. There are several stations set up along long counters. He mentioned that none of the stations interfered with other stations because of band filters!? What would I need to look at buying or building for filters when my sons and I are out and operating in close proximity but on different bands. I may not be explaining what I want but does anyone out there know what I am talking about?  I emailed K3WWP and asked but the guy he usually operates portable with is doing the research and has not shared anything with anyone I know of yet.
I am looking for ideas, The SSB garble does not bother my CW tx/rx but the boys dont have the time in I have thanks de Paul N0NBD