October SSS Results

John Lonigro

This was a good month for the Second Sunday Sprint.  We had 12 people participating, including Wayne, N9EGT, who has entered for the first time.  Welcome, Wayne!  The winner for October is John, K4BAI, with 29 QSO points.  If I recall correctly, John has won the monthly prize several times now.  And 29 points is a truly impressive number.  Congratulations John.

Coming in second was Nick, WB5BKL, with 18 points.  There was a three-way tie for third place with  17 points apiece:  Carl (WB0CFF), Chas (W2SH), and Bill (KV6Z).  Congratulations to those four members.  And everyone who participated should be congratulated as well.  I hope all had fun, despite a couple coming up empty handed.  At least you tried.

For the year, Carl (WB0CFF) still has the lead with 198 QSO points, followed by Bill (KV6Z) with 182 and Chas (W2SH) with 164.  With two months to go in the annual contest, any of these three members has a decent chance to finish first.

Note:  Don't forget that Daylight Saving Time will be ending prior to the November SSS.  The contest is always 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm central time (CDT or CST, whichever is in effect).  Do not use UTC to decide when the contest begins or you will be off.  After the time change, the contest will still be Sunday night from 7:00pm - 9:00 pm CST (or 8:00pm - 10:00pm EST or 5:00pm - 7:00pm PST or 0100-0300 UTC Monday).

72,
John, AA0VE
4SQRP Contest Coordinator