Re: norcal 2030 kit available

Duane Brayton

Hello Brian,
I am a retired Electronic test engineer.  Part of my job was debugging and replacing smt parts. Biggest thing is having the right tools.  Right soldering equipment and usually a good microscope.  I live in Minnesota, but am on my way to winter near Hayesville, NC in my RV. I can give you an address there when I sign in on December 1, but I'm in Lynchburg TN right now. Actually this summer, I and an associate whose name is Marshall visited Marshall, NC looking for a place to move his business to, so I know where you are. We both have General licenses, mine KE0IUV.  I attended Ozarkcon last spring, first time. Let me know,
72 Duane Brayton KE0IUV

Sent from TypeApp

On Nov 22, 2018, at 7:32 PM, bryan rice <bryanrice69@...> wrote:
175 cody road marshall north Carolina 28753

On Thu, Nov 22, 2018, 9:20 AM Kenneth Ketner via Groups.Io <klaine= mac.com@groups.io wrote:
Greetings folks
    I have a NorCal 2030 kit, with that great Tayloe front end plus other good features. I thought I could build it even though many smt parts. Got discouraged quick. Too much for me with old guy skills. Also have a second clean board. I think a capable builder/engineer could build it with no worries.

Meanwhile I acquired a finished and working unit, so I don’t need the kit anymore.

So I will ship the unbuilt stuff to the first person to reply who is confident in their ability to build it. Will need your shipping address.

73
Ken Ketner ka5eld