Re: ARRL Field Day 2019

Larry Makoski

Guys,

Go for it!  The South Plainfield Amateur Radio Club (NJ2SP) here in NJ was founded in April 2014 and that didn't leave much time for Field Day planning. So I suggested we go QRP - just a few wires in the trees in the local park, and operate off batteries. The club agreed and we did a 2A Battery effort that year and came in 3rd pace nationwide in our category!

I thought that once that was over the other guys in the club would want to go QRO for 2015. They didn't! They had such a good time, that we've been QRP for Field Day ever since and we place decently every year.

Admittedly, the SSB guys have a bit tougher time, but we added a beam to our antenna arsenal for them - so they make their fair share of QSOs, too.  I know you'll have a blast if you decide to do this.

Larry W2LJ

On Thu, Dec 6, 2018 at 11:46 PM Charles W. Powell via Groups.Io <doctorcwp=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Would there be any interest in making a serious QRP Field Day effort for 2019?   Any discussion on this?

72,

Chas - NK8O