Re: G5RV Antenna

Frank Perkins

Twenty years ago, my G5RV came with a balun.
Dipole with coil in each leg, a length of window line from the center feedpoint, then a balun with SO239 to connect with 50ohm coax to shack.
 Worked great with ends about 38 ft, and middle sagged to about 35 ft.
I fed it with about 50ft of RG-8 coax running along the ground to the balun dangling about 2 ft up from the ground.
If yours didn't come with a 4 to 1 balun, buy or make one.

On Dec 10, 2018 1:39 PM, "George H. Gates via Groups.Io" <w2bpi1=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
If you are using a G5RV what are you using for the balun? Not interested in any ones opinion wether ant is good or not. just comment on balun. Tnx Geo/W2BPI