Re: G5RV Antenna

davemrtn <davemrtn@...>

I use a MFJ 1:1 isolator balun on my G5RV.  The 1:1 connects to the 450 ohm on the downlead and my coax connects to the 1:1.

Is it good or bad ???  I don't know, but I do know I have a QSL card from South Africa for a contact I made using the G5RV with the 1:1 and using my Yaesu FT-817.  And by the way, it was a SSB Phone contact !!!

One other note, I am using 100 feet of LMR400 from the shack out to the 1:1 isolator.  And I do use a tuner, a MFJ-971.  The tuner has meters on it, but I have an Oak Hills Research WM-2 QRP wattmeter between the radio and the tuner so I can see what the reflected power is mush better than I can with the MFJ included meters.

Wherever I go, there He is.
Recycle, Reuse, Re-purpose, Repair
>Professional Sports - An activity for small minds<
!! There is a reason it is called "Sports Trivia" !!

On 12/10/2018 15:39, George H. Gates via Groups.Io wrote:
If you are using a G5RV what are you using for the balun? Not interested in any ones opinion wether ant is good or not. just comment on balun. Tnx Geo/W2BPI