Re: Sked Anyone?

Charles W. Powell

We definitely need to exchange SKCC numbers Johnny, but I can’t tune up on 80 from here at the hotel.  Or at least I haven’t figured it out yet.

72,

Chas - NK8O

On Dec 14, 2018, at 6:43 PM, Johnny Matlock <jomatlock@...> wrote:

Ge Chas
I can help u a little bit.
I have a old rusty SKCC T number!
We would have to do 80 meters.
72
Johnny

On Fri, Dec 14, 2018 at 5:19 PM Charles W. Powell via Groups.Io <doctorcwp=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I know you guys all work real jobs with regular hours, but I will be on 40 meters most afternoons hanging around the SKCC frequencies (need 31 for T8).  I leave the radio on in the evening, but most times after sunset 40 meters is finished.

72,

Chas - NK8O

On Dec 14, 2018, at 7:38 AM, W0MQY <womquee@...> wrote:

Hi Terry,
Would love to have a sked with you but I haven't heard anybody on the 4 state nets.  I have also listened for you on Thursday mornings and still nothing.  I can't hear any of the net control stations. I always check the net reports and the calls are very long skip. I tried the SSS and only heard 3 calls working.  Again all very long skip.  I'm going to try an NVIS antenna to see if that might help.  I figure Johnny, Paul, and Bill are too close to me and probably skipping over me.   I'll keep listening and trying to figure out something that works.

73 joe  W0MQY

On Thu, Dec 13, 2018, 14:48 WA0ITP <wa0itp@... wrote:
Time for me to quit grouching about the propagation and try to do something about it.  Anyone want to try a sked from the Four State area into SEIA? Anyday, anytime, and any band.  I suspect 80M at about 6 or 7P would work ok.

TIA
--
72 WAØITP
I love this radio stuff.