Re: seeking variable cap drive pulley (dial cord system)

Frank Perkins

Kenneth, try Google!
I found this ad for 2 caps with pulleys.
Also looked at Gilbert erector set parts and pulleys. Found lots of pulleys, wheels, and gears for shafts.
If all else fails, and you don't care about visable beauty, build a pulley out of a detergent container lid or medicine bottle cap. I made one about 65 years ago by soldering 2 Mason jar lids (without the rings) back to back. The drive string fit perfectly in the groove.
Punched a hole with a large Phillips screwdriver which left the flutes, forced it on the cap shaft and glued it.
When I was 14 and became a ham, if you didn't have it, couldn't find it, you built it!
It's still fun!
Cheers,
Frank N6CES

On Dec 22, 2018 8:15 AM, "Jeff Peters" <k9jp.radio@...> wrote:
Greetings,

Could this part be 3D printed? I do not have a printer, but always thought if some had a service to print parts they could pay for the printer in a short amount of time. This would be a small income maker for a retired person.

Just a thought, Jeff K9JP

On Sat, Dec 22, 2018 at 10:36 AM Kenneth Ketner via Groups.Io <klaine=mac.com@groups.io> wrote:
Greetings folks
I am updating an old Meissner morale Rx that has a teeny cap drive pulley ... about 1.5 inch diameter. Ok for bc but makes tuning sw very touchy. I want to replace that with a three inch pulley, .25 inch shaft. Then with my aux bfo I could tune 4state  cw on a ww 2 Yeah, I know it is impractical.... think of it as performance art. The fun is in fabricating it then seeing that it works.

Does anyone have one, or know of a source (maybe science fair, or hobby robots suppliers, or surplus guys)?

73
Ken Ketner
KA5ELD

--
Not all of me will die - - - The good I do for others will live on forever.  <><