Re: Field Day

Charles W. Powell

No problem Paul.  I will plan on having that as one of our modes. I was shown last year, operating with my son, that SSB is actually very challenging - much more difficult than CW.  Point of information: My son & I worked 20 SSB and in the time in between I worked over 150 CW contacts!

72,

Chas - NK8O

On Dec 22, 2018, at 8:55 PM, Paul Smith <n0nbd@...> wrote:

Chas,
I am sure Les will operate SSB as his code is rocky at best..... I need to work with him some more. I intend to order the SOTA band pass filters and after build up will give them a try to see how they work. I will order in January. The SOTA filters are 3 bands on a board. in one enclosure. I did order a 40 meter band pass filter and it works good but I need to get an 80 meter for Richards setup for in the evenings.
I suspect we can work 80, 40 and 20 meters but would not count on the higher bands unless the prop gods start smiling de Paul

Sent from Outlook