Re: Field Day 2019

Charles W. Powell

Very true, Paul.  But still we should maybe decide on which ones to use or perhaps have a variety available to us that we can switch.

Chas - NK8O

On Dec 22, 2018, at 10:11 PM, Paul Smith <n0nbd@...> wrote:

Chas, As you do,  lots of us operate from the lake and parks.  Most have their favorite antennas already in the bag along with some telescoping poles.... I would have to count mine but I am sure there are at least 3 in my go bag. cul happy Holidays de Paul

Sent from Outlook

From: main@4SQRP.groups.io <main@4SQRP.groups.io> on behalf of Charles W. Powell via Groups.Io <doctorcwp@...>
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 4:06 AM
To: 4 State QRP
Subject: Re: [4SQRP] Field Day 2019

I forgot to list antennas as an item to consider.

Chas - NK8O

On Dec 22, 2018, at 9:17 PM, Paul Smith <n0nbd@...> wrote:

Cool beans Terry tnx for the link to urs de Paul

Sent from Outlook

From: main@4SQRP.groups.io <main@4SQRP.groups.io> on behalf of WA0ITP <wa0itp@...>
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 3:06 AM
To: main@4SQRP.groups.io; Charles W. Powell via Groups.Io

I'll bring my 3 bandpass filters also, 40, 30, and 20M.  
http://wa0itp.com/bpf_bandpass_filters.html
72 WAØITP
I love this radio stuff.
www.wa0itp.com
www.4sqrp.com
On 12/22/2018 8:53 PM, Paul Smith wrote:
Chas,
I am sure Les will operate SSB as his code is rocky at best..... I need to work with him some more. I intend to order the SOTA band pass filters and after build up will give them a try to see how they work. I will order in January. The SOTA filters are 3 bands on a board. in one enclosure. I did order a 40 meter band pass filter and it works good but I need to get an 80 meter for Richards setup for in the evenings.
Ill ride along and see what comes up. I suspect we can work 80, 40 and 20 meters but would not count on the higher bands unless the prop gods start smiling de Paul

Sent from Outlook

From: main@4SQRP.groups.io <main@4SQRP.groups.io> on behalf of Charles W. Powell via Groups.Io <doctorcwp@...>
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 2:10 AM
To: 4 State QRP

Field Day update:

So far, I have the following people who are planning to attend:

Bert, NØYJ
Chas NK8O
Johnny ACØBQ
Les KEØSOL
Paul NØNBD
Richard WM6L
Terry WAØOIT

Our “to do” list:

• Make park reservation 
  • Decide on # of radios 
  • Decide which bands to operate 
  • Decide which modes to operate 
  • Choose logging method 

I’m open for input and comments on any of these, and of course more operators are welcome!

Chas - NK8O

Join main@4SQRP.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.