KC9ON.com has great crystals for about $1. John sent me a socket too. N9egt

image1.jpeg

Wayne Steury IPhone

On Dec 27, 2018, at 11:28 AM, Bob Macklin <macklinbob@...> wrote:

HC-49 crystals with wire leads will plug into a SIP socket.

Bob Macklin
K5MYJ
Seattle, Wa.
"Real Radios Glow In The Dark"
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, December 27, 2018 8:54 AM
Subject: Re: [4SQRP] Cricket 40?

What about frequency or frequencies for the Cricket 40? It would be nice to have 7122 khz and possibly one of the mainstream watering holes on the low end of the band. Having not yet had the pleasure of building a Cricket for any band, I am unaware of the possible problems related to physically changing frequencies. A standard socket or appropriate female pins on the board would solve the problem, assuming that the crystal has pins and not wires, i.e. solders to the board. In the latter case some sort of switching arrangement would be necessary, increasing the complexity.  What have others done and where do they acquire suitable crystals for other frequencies? I won't fully understand the problem until I acquire my first Cricket, which will be right after the first if the year. Thanks for reading.

Best regards,

Gary, K7EK

Sent from BlueMail
_,_._,_