Re: MicroVert Antenna

N1KWW <bgrass2@...>

Previous wire antenna farm had loop for 160 roughly 560 feet. Competed with those running maximum power.
Yes, I was happy. Now everything is scaled down to a 43 foot dipole wrapped around three sides of building. When weather warms up will
put up an off center fed with 4-1 balun. (My spell check selected balloon, baling and blain)
Building a 20mm QRP rig and placed a semiconductor backwards. Have tried the usual methods, solder sucker and wick to no avail. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

On Thu, Dec 27, 2018 at 4:45 PM d balfour <davesters@...> wrote:
More wire has been good for me as well. My radios vary from 5w to about 70w max output. I insisted on having tuned antennas but gradually have deviated and gone to the more is better. Our (xyl is a ham too) latest creation is an 1150 foot horizontal loop fed into a homemade 4:1 current balun into coax back into a manual tuner.

It is at the same time quieter and gives better signal reports than my other antennas mostly dipoles and a 40 m loop.

I see (hear) hams who use and brag on air that everyone on 40 needs an amp or they don't belong. huh.

Sorry for deviating off topic Pretty hard to be portable except on the deck with a big loop.
73
Dave