Re: Field Day 2019

Charles W. Powell

Here is an update on our Field Day plans.

  • We have four sites reserved at Weston Bend State Park in Weston MO, # 28, 29, 30, 31.  Two adjacent and two across the drive
  • The sites have power and RV pads.  We still plan to operate battery power, but mains power can be used for anything else EXCEPT a computer that is used for CAT control.  Logging functions are alright on mains so long as they are not connected to the radio.  (I plan to connect my computer for CAT control, so I will operate my laptop from batteries)
  • We will have CW and SSB, which means we will have at least two transmitters.  No one has suggested digital modes as yet, but we certainly could consider that.  At 5 watts or less, CW = 10 points per QSO, SSB = 5 points per QSO, and digital = 10 points per QSO.  We have yet to decide on the total number of transmitters and what bands to operate.  (Remember that for the purposes of FD ALL transmitters are 5 watts or less, including SSB)
  • As of now, we have seven who are planning to attend and four possible attendees.

72,

Chas - NK8O