Re: Looking for Wire Antenna Suggestions

Dave Benson

Tim-

I'm using a heavy-duty bungee- got it from a big-box home improvement place.  The version I got has carabiners on both ends so it can't unhook.  It's 4 feet long and rated for 50% elongation-  I think it ran about $5.

I've got a fair length of support line threaded through tree branches.  I replaced my original Kevlar support line with 3/32" coated wire cable and appropriate fittings. That way, the branches should give way rather than abrading the the woven line through. That's my hope, anyway.

73- Dave, K1SWL

On Sun, Dec 30, 2018 at 12:08 PM Tim McDonough N9PUZ <tim.n9puz@...> wrote:
One antenna here is an end fed wire. The feed point is around 50 ft but
due to time constraints when it went up last Fall the far end slopes to
around 15 ft and the support rope is tied off at about 10 ft in a large
pine tree. At the 10 feet point the tree is thick enough it does not
sway in the wind.

I would like to raise the far end of the antenna but of course the
higher you go in the pine tree the more it sways when the wind blows.
The wind blows often here in central Illinois!

Looking for low maintenance suggestions for adding a shock absorber of
some sort in the rope that supports the far and. It isn't too practical
to run the rope through a pulley and provide a weight to keep it taught
but that isn't 100% out either. Has anyone had success adding a spring
system, heavy duty bungee cord type absorber, or something else?

Happy New Year everyone!

73,

Tim N9PUZ