Re: Looking for Wire Antenna Suggestions

Donald Sanders

Tim, I don't know how high you want to go but in Ecuador I used a 2 inch and a 1.5 inch,10 foot PVC pipe bolted together to make a mast. The spring in the PVC was enough to keep everything normal in the wind. I anchored the base on a fence post with adj hose clamps. I put a screw in eye bolt in the center of the pipe cap on the top to run the rope through and tied the rope to the fence post. I used one mast at each end of the dipole and the center feed point was at the top of a 11 meter bamboo pole.
Dr. Don W4BWS

God Bless All

On Sun, Dec 30, 2018 at 12:44 PM Tim McDonough N9PUZ <tim.n9puz@...> wrote:
Not practical here. I don't have enough room to put that much rope at the end of the wire.

Thanks!

On 12/30/2018 11:28 AM, Brian Crittendon via Groups.Io wrote:
Some rope will have some stretch to it. If you do it this way the rope should be at lest 100 feet long. It's what I do here. Mark/WQ8S