Re: Looking for Wire Antenna Suggestions

Frank Perkins

I looked at the Lowe's link and noticed in the spring's product specifications that it weighs 9 pounds.
Might work well if one end of it was fastened to the support pole or tree and other end to the rope. Nine pounds in mid-air = sag.  :-)
Old time screen door spring would be good too.
I think the best idea proposed was to make 2 loops in the rope (my guess is about 3' apart) and put two 2' bungee cords between the 2 loops (put a tie wrap across each bungee hook to keep rope captured). Put one of these gizmoes in each dipole leg's rope and hoist it up.
After weather weakens the bungee and they stretch out to the loops, time to put in new bungees.
Frank

On Sun, Dec 30, 2018, 8:56 PM KD5ALD <73deKD5ALD@... wrote:
Hello :)
I bet a good spring or a bungee cord or strap would work great too :)
If it were mine I would likely give it a good coat of tar :)
73 72 :)

On Sun, Dec 30, 2018 at 9:03 PM Cliff Fox (KU4GW) <cliffku4gw@...> wrote:
Check out these Gate Closing Springs they sell at Lowes Home Improvement Tim! They cost only $5.67 each and look like they'd do the job well. I suggest using one on both ends if your using it on a really long dipole like a doublet, zepp, or double-extended zepp.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Hillman-12-in-Zinc-Gate-Extension-Spring/3115909

Very 73,
Cliff, KU4GW