Subject: Re: [4SQRP] Looking for Wire Antenna Suggestions
To: main@4sqrp.groups.io
Date: Sunday, December 30, 2018, 11:22 PM

I looked at the
Lowe's link and noticed in the spring's product
specifications that it weighs 9 pounds.Might work well
if one end of it was fastened to the support pole or tree
and other end to the rope. Nine pounds in mid-air = sag.
:-)Old time screen door spring would be good
too.I think the best idea proposed was to make 2
loops in the rope (my guess is about 3' apart) and put
two 2' bungee cords between the 2 loops (put a tie wrap
across each bungee hook to keep rope captured). Put one of
these gizmoes in each dipole leg's rope and hoist it
up.After weather weakens the bungee and they
stretch out to the loops, time to put in new
bungees.Frank

On Sun, Dec 30, 2018, 8:56 PM KD5ALD <73deKD5ALD@...
wrote:
Hello :)I bet a good spring or
a bungee cord or strap would work great too :)If
it were mine I would likely give it a good coat of tar
:)73 72 :)
On Sun, Dec
30, 2018 at 9:03 PM Cliff Fox (KU4GW) <@KU4GW>
wrote:
Check out these Gate
Closing Springs they sell at Lowes Home Improvement Tim!
They cost only $5.67 each and look like they'd do the
job well. I suggest using one on both ends if your using it
on a really long dipole like a doublet, zepp, or
double-extended zepp.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Hillman-12-in-Zinc-Gate-Extension-Spring/3115909

Very 73,
Cliff, KU4GW