Re: On Air Operating

Gary KF7WNS

Thanks Carl, good to have a bit narrower spectrum to search for those elusive QRP signals in. I'll keep an eye on 1811-1814.
Last night on 80, I called QRL four times before I called CQ and finished with a string of dits on top of me. So I moved up two and tried over again fully expecting that that was his frequency too.

72
Gary/KF7WNS

On Mon, Jan 14, 2019 at 5:49 PM Carl Gansen <wb0cff@...> wrote:
Hello Gary,

I tend to avoid integer value frequencies like 1810 Khz, 1813 Khz...  In this day of digital dials, settling on an integer value
increases the chance that someone will inform you that you are on THEIR frequency, or have someone tune up over you
or call CQ on top of you.  With the exception of QRP guys or contesters, it seems everybody else has gone to 1 Khz channels.
My efforts seem to be more fruitful using frequencies like 1811.65 or 1811.35 or some such value...Being far enough from the
1 Khz "channels" that my selectivity can ignore them, yet carry on a QSO.  The region from 1811 to 1814 has been good QRP
calling area for me.

73
Carl WB0CFF